- 1. The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- 2. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- 3. Each blogger should answer the 11 questions given to you.
- 4. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
- 5. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- 6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- 7. No tag backs.
My 11 Random Facts – A.K.A – TMI Part I
- 1. I don’t have any siblings, but I grew up with a cat who lived to be 19. He was very smart and used to kick out guests who overstayed their welcome. I alluded to him in a tweet the other day:
This winter is like that guest who arrives last and doesn’t leave even though you’re yawning and your cat is staring at the door going GAH.
— Katia DBE (@KatiaDBE) March 20, 2013
- 2. I’ve sat down in a restaurant in Moscow with members of Wu Tang Clan. Bet you didn’t see this one coming. Respect??
- 3. One of my recent discoveries in literature is Elsa Morante. I’ve had to abandon the book History after reading the first 400 pages or so (yes, I did say “first”) because I was pregnant and I got too anxious about the breaking of the news of the death of one of the characters to another.
- 4. I’m obsessed with key lime pie. OBSESSED
- 5. My entire culinary taste consists of what other people refer to as comfort food and my musical taste of guilty pleasures.
- 6. I believe in astrology and talked 3 Year Old into not being born ahead of time and 7 Month Old into being born earlier so they could be a Taurus and a Leo. I’m a Pisces, which explains this (and everything else).
- 7. Sometimes when I can’t fall asleep I count shoes. I bring up ghost shoes from the past. The room always gets a little chillier.
- 8. I can’t ride a bike.
- 9. 36 Year Old’s and my wedding song was “Something Stupid” performed by Nicole Kidman and Robbie Williams.
- 10. Is anyone reading this?
- 11. Birds, loose leaf tea from the House of Tea and stories about friendships between animals make me happy.
My Responses to Georgia’s Questions – AKA TMI II:
- 1. If you could have any superhero power what would it be? Easy. The power to sleep through everything.
- 2. What is a favorite childhood memory you have? Summers spent in the Kibbutz in Israel with mom and grandma. Water facing windows and my imagination running wild over my mom’s explanation that the marks in the wet sand were mammoth foot prints. Waking up while it is still dark to catch the first bus back to the big city and finding the trip through sunrise magical.
- 3. What is the last song you listened to? Probably the opening theme of Damages. Sad? Probably, but I can do so much worse. You’ve no idea.
- 4. What is your favorite color? It changes. Recently I’ve been drawn to neonish yellow. In clothing, that is.
- 5. If you had a to fight a dinosaur, which one would you want to fight? A. A non carnivor. B. The bird size one. C. Wait a minute, I have a son! (consulting son paraphernalia) A Microraptor. There. Boom!
- 6. Big city or small town? A Gilmore Girls style small town would be ideal.
- 7. What’s your favorite restaurant? A Hummus place back home. Sure, you may need to ignore the guy with the knife, running down the street, but you’ve never had better hummus. Priorities, right? I’m all about them.
- 8. What can’t you live without? My family. Sorry, cynics.
- 9. What drives you bonkers? Where do I start. OK, how about people kicking the back of my seat at the cinema or on a flight?
- 10. Would you rather repeat an awesome vacation or go somewhere new? Wow. Good one. I probably wouldn’t mind repeating a vacation.
- 11. Shower or Bath? HA and HA. Right now I’d take a puddle.🙂
- Bad Playdate
- Your Coaching Brain
- Toronto Naturopathic Doctor
- F the Desk
- The Joy of Caitlin
- School of Smock
- Mommy, for Real
- But Mostly Hers
- Posey Pie Productions
- Froodian Pseudoanalysis
- A Pleasant House
Dear nominees, if this feels like too much work and gives you a throw back to 90’s chain letters, I totally get it. You don’t have to do it. Also if you have more followers than required, I apologize, this is just me saying “I like you. I really like you”.
My questions to you:
- 1. Which one of your blog posts do you feel reflects you best?
- 2. What’s your favourite blog?
- 3. 5 things that make you happy?
- 4. If you get to choose your own gift card, where would it be from?
- 5. What is your favourite place in the world?
- 6. What’s your star sign?
- 7. Did you ever overcome a fear? If not, what is the accomplishment you’re most proud of?
- 8. Which show should I watch? Why?
- 9. When did you last laugh?
- 10. Your 3 favourite books?
- 11. Which mistake would you make all over again?
Thanks again, Georgia, it’s always great to know that somebody out there cares.