August 27, 2013 by Katia
I have these two amazing blogfriends, Jen at My Skewed View and Kristi at Finding Ninee. Every Tuesday these two amazing ladies host a Twisted Mixed Tape linkup. Every week they come up with amazing topics like “duets” “80’s” “breakup songs”. Every week I light up when I read next week’s prompt, I get all pumped and tell myself “hell yeah, duets, I am SO in!”. Almost every week I’m out. I suck.
Welcome to this week’s Twisted Mixed Tape Tuesday on the topic: YOU SUCK! (see what I did there?) Sometimes the best thing that can happen to one is a prompt titled YOU SUCK. When I saw the prompt for this week, I went “YOU SUCK? Hell yeah, I’m SO in!” I think it’s supposed to be about breakups, but I don’t have much to share, so I intend to channel my general undefined inner angst into some really bad or mildly bad pop songs. As always, you’re welcome.
Top 10 YOU SUCK/Breakup/Stuff I Never Say IRL Songs
1. Don’t Speak.
2. He left no time to regret, kept his d*$%* wet… (AHEM)
3. Guilty feet have got no rhythm. (Whoa deep, but stuff that needs to be NOT said ever IRL).
4. My inner rapper gets really pumped listening to this. He might be into fire.
5. Take me Bruno Mars. I’m yours. (stuff that hasn’t been said IRL)
6. If you walk away every day it’ll rain. (stuff that needs to be said to me IRL ASAP)
7. Someday I’ll be living in a big ol’ city and all you’re ever gonna be is mean. (REALLY want to say this to someone.)
8. I’m still in love with everything I hate. (REALLY want this to be in a movie about my life. Also, I should be singing it. Also also I should be smashing stuff, maybe a guitar)
9. November Rain. (OK, this can be in a movie about my life too. I’ll join the chorus when it goes: don’t you think that you need somebody, don’t you think that you need someone).
10. I leave you with a beacon of hope on skates.