November 30, 2014 by Katia
“Never met a woman who knew how to turn off a light. They’re born thinkin’ the switch only goes one way: on.” – Shane, “The Walking Dead”
Apparently dearly departed Shane’s pet peeve when it came to girlfriends was light switch decorum. Married (to your best friend) + kid? Bring it on. Light switch flippant? It stops here. I forgive him. Zombie apocalypse is just not as much fun without him, but if I could have him back, if only just for a few minutes, I’d tell him, baby, you could do so much worse:
TV-sphere is full of women who bring out the RAWR in me. I give you TV’s top 10 most annoying girlfriends.
1. Lori Grimes on The Walking Dead – Wife? Girlfriend? Libra?
Mixed signals much?
2. Kelly Kapoor on The Office – Lover of Pink (the Color), Pink (the Singer) and Ryan Howard (Evil Office Temp with Aspirations)
Beware evil office temps with aspirations called Ryan Howard, there’s a karmic punishment out there for you. You may know it as Kelly Kapoor.
3. Melisandre on Game Of Thrones – Priestess, Exhibitionist, I Hope You’re Using Protection
Hell yeah the night is dark and full of terrors, think I didn’t know that already, scarecrow???
4. Lucille 2 on Arrested Development – Not Lucille 1
Because my mama taught me that cradle robbing and people pleasing are mutually exclusive. As are cradle robbing and vertigo.
5. Lucille 1 (Lucille Bluth) on Arrested Development – Mother of 5 with Commitment Issues
But now can we talk about her marriage?
6. Janice on Friends – OH MY GOD, it’s the Patron Saint of Annoying Girlfriends!!
Because don’t you just know that she switched to LOL?
7. Rachel Berry on Glee – Emotes
8. Every Girlfriend on Seinfeld – Oh, Just Go Ahead and Pick One
NYC in the 90s was a bad scene, kids. And it’s not like Jerry, George and Kramer weren’t trying, but the singles market was full of women like Schmoopy, Sue Ellen Mischke, the naked girl, the voice, Donna Chang and Mulva. When you say your prayers tonight, kids, don’t forget to thank God for the internet and its “block” function.
9. Joey Potter on Dawson’s Creek – One Annoying Muggle
Did you know that Joey’s the only character to appear in EVERY. S-I-N-G-L-E. Episode. of the show???
10. All the Contestants on The Bachelor – They’re His Girlfriend. All 25 of Them
Because if I hear about one more journey, leap of faith and not expecting to feel this much so soon 5 minutes into episode 1, I quit.
Did I forget anyone? Who would YOU like to see on this list?
This post was a Netflix Stream Team post. You can catch the shows: The Walking Dead, Arrested Development, Dawson’s Creek, Glee and the British version of The Office on Netflix Canada.